the alternative breakfast party from hell

inside the guts of a radio show, the dj, and her geeky obsession with pop culture

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Rock and roll could never trip hop like this

This week's show was quite fun. I told stories about the Massive Attack gig. I also had Rohan on the show doing some commentary. He gave me something weird to play and I realized it was kind of a joke. *cough* After the show and having some lunch, I went back to the station and discovered a box of classic goodies on cd! so now I have about 20 albums go through and re-review for the station. It shall be good, especially since I'm previewing a lot of stuff already! Being a DJ brings me a lot of joy. I feel like I'm spreading the good word about music.

For those who are wondering, why 3 u2 songs at the end of the show... well, I had to play something for a bit while I waited for the next dj to show up. Again, he never did show up for his show. supposedly he's getting trained, but hard to tell when that will happen. anyways, I just decided that I'll play u2 songs until it was 12:15 pm. You have to admit, I played three fucking great u2 songs!!!

1. Orbital - Halcyon & On & On
2. Massive Attack - Safe from Harm
3. New Order - Guilt is a Useless Emotion
4. Depeche Mode - Lillian
5. Goldfrapp - Fly Me Away
6. She Wants Revenge - Spend the Night *for Andy
7. Madonna - Live to Tell *for Victor
8. Morrissey - You Have Killed Me
9. The Wallflowers - Letters from the Wasteland
10. Jawbreaker - Shirt
11. Massive Attack - Karmacoma
12. Portishead - Strangers
13. The Streets - Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living
14. Natalie Portman - Rap from SNL
15. Prince - Black Sweat
16. Echo and the Bunnymen - Do It Clean *for my Dad
17. Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko
18. The Rapture - Don Goin' Do It
19. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
20. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Deanna
21. The Cure - Love Cats
22. The Twilight Singers - Teenage Wristband
23. U2 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
24. U2 - Until the End of the World
25. U2 - Stay (Faraway, So Close)

Here is the link for the archive: http://wmucradio.com/stream_ripper/wed/The_Alternative
_Breakfast_Party_from_Hell_1000_1200.mp3


granted, this mp3 will probably not include the very last 2 (maybe 3) songs. I'm sure you'll enjoy non-the-less. If you really want to hear those last songs, you can just click the mp3 after my show which is on www.wmucradio.com under show archive (mp3) page.

Have a great weekend everyone! Tell your friends about my show, and i'll keep rocking wednesday mornings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home