the alternative breakfast party from hell

inside the guts of a radio show, the dj, and her geeky obsession with pop culture

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

This is Planet Earth

Greetings and Welcome!

I am your host Megan. This blog is for my delightful radio show - The Alternative Breakfast Party from Hell, which is on University of Maryland's WMUC 88. 1 fm! Currently for the Fall Semester, I am on the air Wednesday Mornings from 10 am to 12 pm. you can listen either with a real radio (granted you would have to be in the college park area) or you can listen online at www.wmucradio.com If you miss the week's episode you can download or stream the show in our archive.

What can you expect?

Radio show wise, a good kick in the ass. Probably some of the best stuff you'll hear this week. The whole idea was to play dance music that rocks and rock and roll you can dance to! (ie- Prince, Depeche Mode, A Fire Inside, The Cult, INXS, She Wants Revenge, Head Automatica, Goldfrapp, Bronski Beat, Madonna, Motorhead... New Wave, Punk, Hip Hop, mixed with some surprises to say the least) but really, i play music that is good and stuff i wouldn't mind hearing on the radio more often.
link to show's profile- http://wmucradio.com/station/shows/162
link to my dj profile- http://wmucradio.com/station/profiles/72

Blog wise, a pop culture explosion. you can expect to see the current week's playlist, up coming concerts and releases i think everyone should check out, album reviews, commentary, things about wmuc radio, maybe some stories about my adventures in music journalism and links to anything i get published. Just like my radio show, anything goes. I might even try to take requests and do polls on this thing. I also am into getting some other music peeps on this as well. So i might have special guests on my show and on my blog (wouldn't that be rad!)

I just realized it's 3:15 am, which is t minus 7 hours and 45 minutes to my show. I value my sleep (of course because i'm a college student) so as i have my boys the alkaline trio playing ("Queen of Pain" i highly recomend this one kids), i'm calling it a night.

Keep it real,
Megan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home