the alternative breakfast party from hell

inside the guts of a radio show, the dj, and her geeky obsession with pop culture

Thursday, September 21, 2006

best party you'll ever have with your orange juice

This week's show was fun, but it wasn't nothing I was expecting. I had an idea in mind to just play stuff and it didn't matter if it was dance music or not. That idea quickly changed when I recieved news, that at the student involvement fair, the djs running the wmuc booth were going to have the radio on, which means people would hear my show. I thought "well, it's a good thing I have all these mixes with me." So, I went nuts on my stuff. I had a lot of fun. about 11:30 am, with a half hour left of my show, I found out that they haven't been playing my show, because they couldn't find the boom box. talk about a bad deal! oh well, i still think it was one of my coolest shows. I had a total of eight listeners that morning, which was so sweeeeet! also, i had a caller who made a pretty cool request. I think for next week's show, i'm just going to play whatever I feel like playing, which translates to music that is good and may not have a huge particular theme.

here is the list!

1. Talking Heads - On the Road To Nowhere
2. B-52s - Private Idaho
3. Blur - There's No Other Way
4. Prince - Raspberry Beret
5. Gang of Four -To Hell with Poverty
6. Sonic Youth - 100 Percent *request by Jonathan
7. Queen featuring David Bowie - Under Pressure
8. REM - Orange Crush
9. My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow
10. Happy Mondays - Kinky Afro
11. The Smiths - This Charming Man
12. New Order - Round and Round
13. The Cult - Wildflower
14. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Cities in the Dust
15. Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight
16. The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health
17. Goldfrapp - Lovely 2 C U
18. The Rapture - Whoo! Alright, Yeah...Uh huh
19. INXS - Elegantly Wasted
20. Madonna - Open Your Heart To Me
21. Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing
22. The Cure - Why Can't I Be You?
23. U2 - In God's Country
24. Depeche Mode -John the Revelator
25. Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Alternative Metro 7" Edit)
26. Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb
27. Yazoo - State Farm (Madhouse Remix)
28. Jimmy Somerville - But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode Cover)

to listen to the archive: (granted it might be missing some stuff at the tail end)
http://wmucradio.com/stream_ripper/wed/The_Alternative_Breakfast_
Party_from_Hell_1000_1200.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home