the alternative breakfast party from hell

inside the guts of a radio show, the dj, and her geeky obsession with pop culture

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Going Over Time

I'm still at the station even though technically my show is over. It's been over for about 13 minutes. why am i still here? The DJ who has a show after me isn't in yet. He usually calls to let me know he can't make it or is going to be late. This is quite odd. I have a feeling he forgot or something or is going to be here ASAP. If not, I guess that means I'm on the air until 2 pm, which means i have a lot of work to do before my 4:15 pm class. (oh yay)

right now, i got the synth pop going i suppose. well, it's more like new wave. I just did some New Order, She Wants Revenge and Depeche Mode. Now, it's talk talk with talk talk off of their album of the same name. Talk about a huge fucking tongue twisted!

I started the show late today. Tristian who has the show before mine covered for me, which was like 15 minutes. Not too shabby. In the middle of the show, Rohan (who is WMUC's music director and a good friend of mine) was a guest dj. we spun some rad stuff. I'm definately going to check out the new rapture and the new scissor sisters, because of him. Thank god for music directors or else, i'd be lost with new music i hate to say it. I think I'm going to write an essay someday about how it's harder to get into or find new music as you get older. It seems like a phenomena that happens to a lot of people.

I figured while i'm killing time, I'll list up and coming shows that are gonna be awesome. btw, this weekend i'll probably be making appearances at the 930 club and the black cat on saturday night! at the black cat, Right Round is happening, which is one of the best 80s dance pop parties. Dj Lil E plays it up and it's awesome. As for the 930 club, Bob Mould is djing Blow Off again. I'm debating on which to attend. Hell, I might go to both.

Okay now for the list of shows to check out:

9:30 Club
*Monday, September 25th- Ladytron w/ CSS, $20

*Thursday, September 28th- Massive Attack, $40

*Friday, October 6th and Saturday, October 7th - Jamie Cullum, $35

*Tuesday, October 17th- Joan Jett and the Black Hearts w/ Eagles of Death Metal, $25

*Thursday, November 9th- She Wants Revenge, no clue about price yet but it shouldn't be more than 16 dollars

Black Cat
* Thursday, October 12th - Bouncing Souls w/ World Inferno Friendship Society, Street Dogs, Whole Wheat Bread, $14

Other Shows
*Sunday, October 15th- Pet Shop Boys at DAR Constitution Hall, $50-70

*Friday, November 17th- INXS at United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland (yes it's open to the public! once again not sure about the price yet)

It's taken me about an hour and a half to write this. Djing is a busy job when you're fetching albums and stuff. I only have 10 minutes left! YES! hurray. okay, i'm outta here!

taking it to the streets,
Megan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home