the alternative breakfast party from hell

inside the guts of a radio show, the dj, and her geeky obsession with pop culture

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dark music for a dark Wednesday

I keep meaning to update this each time I do a show. Someday I will get to that, so I don't ever fall behind in posting these playlists.

Here is a link to the playlist for Wednesday, October 17th's program:
http://wmucradio.com/station/playlists/display/4390

And now for this past week's show! I was late to my own show. I overslept because I was so exhausted from seeing Danzig the night before. My friend Eric, who is also a fellow WMUC Dj, and I went to see Danzig at Ramshead Live! in Baltimore. It was a lot of fun and a great way to get into the holiday spirit early....for Halloween! (Did you think I was going to say Christmas? This is Danzig kids!)

I only did a small set list for my radio show, but it's dark and fantastic. I wanted to play songs that were gothic in nature or rather bleak. It was a rainy morning and well Halloween is coming!

1 Sisters of Mercy - Lucreatia, My Reflection
2 Siouxsie and the Banshees - Cities in Dust
3 She Wants Revenge - Walking Away
4 The Cult - Rain
5 Danzig - Mother *for Eric
6 AFI - Prayer Position
7 Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Deanna
8 The Wallflowers featuring Elvis Costello - Murder 101
9 The Smiths - Panic
10 The Damned - Smash It Up
11 Echo and the Bunnymen - Do It Clean
12 The Cure - Charlotte Sometimes
13 Peter Murphy - Final Solution (Peru Ubu Cover)
14 Joy Division - She's Lost Control
15 Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down *for all my friends

As for this coming Wednesday, it's going to be Halloween! It's musical trick or treat. Not to mention, I'll play a few smiths and Morrissey songs since I am seeing him in Baltimore that evening! Please make sure to tune-in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home